Range Rules, Liability Waivers, & Caliber Restrictions
Target World provides a safe, family friendly environment for all of our patrons. Before shooting on the range, you will be required to read the range rules, watch a safety video, and sign a liability waiver form.
Target World Range Rules and Instructions
1. All firearms brought onto premises must be either unloaded in a gun case or holder or, if loaded, in a holster. Target World reserves the right to inspect any firearm/ammunition on our premises. Handle every firearm as if it were loaded.
2. To use the range, you must be legally able to possess a firearm (not under indictment or convicted for a felony, under restraining order, adjudicated by a judge as mental incompetent, etc.). If you are uncertain about your status, ask one of our staff members.
3. Everyone using the range must be 18 years old or older, and is required to know these rules and to sign a liability waiver. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by his or her legal guardian who is required to supervise the minor at all times while the minor is on the range.
4. No one is allowed inside the range area unless they have read these range rules, signed the liability waiver, and been assigned a lane by Target World staff. Do not change lanes without first receiving a new lane assignment from Target World staff.
5. Ear and eye protection is required at all times while on the range, and is provided at minimal or no charge. No smoking, eating, drinking, or use of smokeless tobacco is permitted on the range. Wash your hands after shooting to remove any lead dust.
6. Alcoholic beverages and/or illegal drugs are prohibited on Target World property and are not to be used prior to arrival at the range. We have the right to refuse service to anyone. Anyone who has the smell of alcohol or drugs on their breath or clothes, or who appears to be impaired, will be asked to leave Target World property.
7. Only two people are permitted in a shooting booth at a time. All others must remain in the store and view through the window until their turn to shoot. No one is allowed forward of the booth for any reason unless directly supervised by one of our staff during Target World sponsored leagues.
8. Any equipment or other personal items left unattended on the range or in the store is done so at the owner’s risk.
9. Pregnant women are strongly discouraged from shooting. No late pregnancy shooters will be allowed on the range due to health concerns from sound percussion.
10. Open toed shoes and low-cut tops are not allowed on the range. Hot brass ejected from guns can get caught down low-cut tops and in open toed shoes, and may cause burns.
11. Ammunition Restrictions.
A. The Shooting Range: Tracers and armor piercing ammunition are not permitted. Shotgun loads are slugs only. No Bird shot (turkey, dove, etc.), buck shot, flechettes, etc.
12. After payment at the counter, put on your ear and eye protection and enter the range through either range door. Put your equipment at the booth assigned to you and clamp the target to the holder. The switch on the left side of the booth sends the target forward. Distance in yards is measured on the side of the building.
13. Firearms are not permitted to be out of their case behind the firing line. Firearms are not to be handled under any circumstances behind the red line or inside of the retail store, doing so will result in being asked to leave.
14. Load and unload the gun only in your booth. Never load or unload any gun anywhere else. Keep the barrel of the gun pointed downrange at all times. With the exception of Target World sponsored leagues, all firing will be conducted from the booth firing line. The bench behind the firing line is to be used for equipment placement only, and is not to be used to load firearms.
15. If you experience any problem with a firearm, leave it on the tray in the booth pointed downrange and ask our staff for assistance.
16. Shooters will only fire at paper targets hung from the carrier in their assigned lane. Cross-lane firing, or shooting at anything other than your own target is strictly prohibited. Any person seen firing at lights, baffles, carriers, walls, or any other range property or equipment will be removed from the range, barred from future use of Target World’s facilities, and reported to the proper authorities for appropriate action. You will be held accountable and may have to pay for any damage you cause by not following these range rules.
17. Draw and fire practice is not allowed on the range unless specifically arranged in advance with Target World management.
18. Reloaders may recover their own brass from the range provided it is not forward of the firing line. Brass previously left on the range by other shooters is the property of Target World and is not permitted to be removed. We recommend that reloaders mark their own brass for easy identification and retrieval.
19. When you are finished shooting or your time has expired, unload your gun, pack up your unloaded gun, clean up around your booth by throwing trash in the receptacle provided and by sweeping brass forward of the firing line, and come to the counter to receive your waiver card for future use. Please inform the staff of any equipment that does not appear to be operating properly.
20. All shooters must obey the instruction of Target World’s staff at all times. Failure to obey instruction or acting in an unsafe manner may result in removal/suspension from the range.
We want you to enjoy your time on the range and return to shoot often. We are here to assist and serve you. Thank you for following the rules and for your consideration of other shooters. If you have any questions at any time, feel free to ask a Target World employee and we will be happy to assist you in any way that we can.
STORE & RANGE HOURS:
MON - SAT: 11 AM - 7 PM
SUN: 11 AM - 6 PM
Closed on Thanksgiving & Christmas
Close at 5:00 PM on Independence Day (July 4th), Christmas Eve (Dec 24th) & New Years Eve (Dec 31st)
Open Noon - 6 PM New Year's Day
2300 East Kemper Road
Cincinnati, OH 45241